Friday, December 2, 2011

The Elf-Faith




Being a hedge wizard I try to keep it as simple and as practical as possible, but since that title also entails a degree of spirituality, and since I am a deeply spiritual person, there is a spiritual dimension to my Craft.

Although I am quite informal in my methods I have developed a spiritual tradition which I refer to as the Elf-Faith, which is similar in substance to the faery tradition, but different in several respects other than just mere name. The primary difference perhaps being that I try to keep more in step with the Germanic tradition, due to my ancestry, than any other tradition, although I am still a rather eclectic soul.

I cannot stress enough, particularly for the traditionalist types, that this is not a formal tradition and I do not claim any accuracy in my assertions although I do try to provide sourced material whenever possible. Please try to remember that whenever reading anything I have posted on this blog concerning my personal spiritual tradition, as it is just that – personal.

Typically I work with the Vanir, as I see them as High Powers of Nature, and as some sort of governing force which presides over the elves, or nature spirits. However, in the spirit of hedge wizardry I limit my work and my attention primarily to the Elf-Queen, who I believe is Freyja, and her brother and consort the Elf-King Freyr.

As you can imagine, my attention is largely focused upon the elven-folk, and this is with good personal reason. First, because they are nature spirits and my faith most certainly contains animistic elements. Secondly, I feel partially compelled to work with the elves as I am drawn to them out of curiosity due to a very real personal experience I had involving them. Third, because contact was initiated with me by Freyja. And fourth, because I have always held an affinity with elemental magic.

Other than that the Elf-Faith looks pretty much like any other eclectic neopagan tradition and follows largely along the lines of hedge witchcraft. I follow the basic eight major festivals of the year, with a few extra observances thrown in to honor my ancesters and simply for the sake of maintaining family tradition, and I hold informal rites, although again, I try to focus them in the spirit of my ancestral tradition.

If you are interested in my particular Elf-Faith tradition, simply curious, or you are looking for information on the elven-folk and Vanir, or anything closely related, you are encouraged to browse through this blog as it will be filled with a wealth of information on the Vanir, elves, Germanic paganism, and of course the informal and practical magic of hedge wizardry.

You are also invited to click on the link on the sidebar of this webpage and become a 'Follower' of this blog so that you may keep up to pace on any new information as I post it. And as always linking to articles on this blog is appreciated. You may also feel free to leave an on topic comment in the comments section at any time along with a link to a topic related blog or website should you so choose.

I am a freelance writer and artist and I am personally responsible for providing material for many different blogs, as such, this blog will be posted to regularly, but likely not every day or even every other day, but should receive a regular post once a week on average.

I hope you enjoy our journey together.

Blessings. Alraune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean. No spamming. Backlinks are allowed provided they are on topic.